Saturday, October 31, 2009

Texas Boy,10, Branded Sex Offender for Exploring Girl, 7

I normally don't print e-mails that I have received, but this e-mail is intended for publication, consisting of a comment left at a public blog, along with a public letter sent to a US Congressman by an AfroSpear blogger, addressing the content of the public comment and requesting that this matter of urgent public concern be addressed at the state and Federal levels:

Dear Rep. Jerry Madden:


I received this disturbing note from a mother of a “sex offender”. I did not know that the State of Texas could brand a 10-year old as a sex offender, and hold him criminally accountable for the rest of his life.


Boy 10 and Girl 7 is called “discovery”, as in discovering what makes boys and girls different, sexually. How could you make this a sex crime?


I think we are fattening the cow, with TYC being now in need of building up its population. The railroad is not fixed. Please continue to fix it.


Sincerely,

Eddie G. Griffin (BASG)

--- On Fri, 10/30/09, diamonds & jewels <noreply-comment@blogger.com> wrote:

From: diamonds & jewels <noreply-comment@blogger.com>
Subject: [Eddie G. Griffin (BASG)] New comment on Texas Youth Commission Sex Scandal UPDATE.
To: eddiegriffin_basg@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 12:26 PM

diamonds & jewels has left a new comment on your post "Texas Youth Commission Sex Scandal UPDATE":

my son is considered a sex offender due to the crime he did 7 yrs ago and it was his first offense. he was 10 and the child was 7. he have been on probation for 2 yrs and since he didn't finish therapy they want to send him to TYC. he haven't had any other victims since the age 10. I don't think it is fair and I am terrified for him to go into TYC. he has no idea what jail is and how this could affect him for life they are talking about sending him on the 8th I don't know which TYC it is yet but I am so scared reading your report have me even scared...I tried to talk to his probation officer, his attorney, his therapist about his mental problem he has a learning disability that attends to make him not comprehend everything to well according to work..I feel this is going to affect his life for good..the system doesn't really know how this affects a child life especially if it was just there first offense..anyways..thanks for the report..it really help me to understand what is really going on in the TYC system. I have a face book I am going to add you to it..okay'

Posted by diamonds & jewels to Eddie G. Griffin (BASG) at October 29, 2009 12:04 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

was there any doubt to where all these laws they say protect us from sex offenders.....here is a real look at what these laws are doing and what they were intended for.......will the girl be a sex offender as well when she reaches this boys age?

Francis Holland said...

This reminds me of that case where the five year-old in Texas we charged with sexual assault or hugging his teacher as he was getting on the school bus.

I don't know the answer to your question about Texas law, whether the girl will be deemed a sex offender as well? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://gahyhoje.wtcsites.com/idujas.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ahybypije.angelcities.com/ezoqusix.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich